After one long year Surya Lanka will re-open its doors to Ayurveda guests from the 01st of April 2021, as a ‘Certified Covid-Safe and Secure Level 1 Hotel’.
Being an Ayurveda Resort operating for over 25 years, we are acutely aware of the need to safeguard the health and safety of our guests, staff and the community in which Surya Lanka is located.
We have acquired the Level1 certificate after a stringent procedure designed to make your visit as safe as possible, and we continue to work closely with the government and health authorities in order to remain up to date on health guidelines and protocols.
While we adjust to the ‘New Normal’ however, our core Ayurveda philosophy remains unchanged.
Things to note before your visit:
- Guests are not required to undergo a quarantine period on arrival in Sri Lanka, as Surya Lanka has been recognised as a ‘Certified COVID-Safe & Secure Level 1 Hotel’.
- Guests need to undergo a PCR test within 72 hours (03 days) of their flight to Sri Lanka. Visitors to Sri Lanka will not be able to board their flight unless they present a negative result certification to the airline.
- Mandatory PCR tests have to be conducted on arrival at Surya Lanka (not at the airport), and at points throughout a guest’s stay. The first PCR test will be carried out upon check-in, the second between 05-07 days, and the third between 10-14 days of the guest’s stay at Surya Lanka.
- A mandatory Covid Insurance Cover is required to apply for a visa to Sri Lanka. The cost would be 12 USD, for a policy of 50,000 USD, valid for a period of 01 month.
- Due to government policy we can not offer our weekly excursions to the Galle Fort, Mulkirigala Rock or to the Tea plantation.
- For more information on entry guidelines please visit www.srilanka.travel/helloagain/
We have put in place precautionary measures to ensure the health and safety of our guests and staff. These include:
- Sanitizing all luggage prior to entering hotel vans.
- PPE uniforms will be worn by our drivers upon picking guests up at the airport.
- All staff wear masks.
- A temperature check, and medical questionnaire on arrival at Surya Lanka.
- Twice daily temperature checks for guests.
- Twice daily temperature checks for staff (before entering for work, and upon completion of work day).
- Safe distancing measures will be followed throughout the Resort, including in the restaurant and garden.
- Number of guests in the treatment centre will be limited at any given time.
- On-site registered Ayurveda Doctor at all times.
- Guest rooms are deep cleaned and sanitised before each arrival.
- All surfaces throughout the hotel, including the treatment section, are regularly sanitised.
- Hand sanitiser will be made available at strategic points throughout the hotel.
- Therapists will wash hands and sanitise thoroughly before each treatment.
- All meals will be served to the table in the restaurant.
The booking process
Our reservations department has been fully trained to handle the entire booking process. We will guide you through the visa application, and liaise with the local authorities to ensure the process is as smooth as can be. You do not need to quarantine on arrival, as we are registered as a Level1 Health and Safety hotel.
The booking and Visa process is given below:
- Upon making a booking with our reservations department, and making the prepayment for your stay, you will be provided with a booking reference.
- As a guest you would need to apply online for your visa, which is a straightforward process which our reservations team can guide you through.
- Upon application of the visa you will receive a ‘Electronic Travel Authorisation (pending)’ – please forward this to us, whereafter we will liaise with the Sri Lanka tourism authority as well as the Sri Lankan immigration department.
- Thereafter you will be able to complete the visa process.
We have updated our cancellation policy in order to be as flexible as possible.
- All bookings for arrivals between 01st April and 01st of November are refundable, minus applicable bank charges. Please note however that the charges incurred for mandatory PCR tests and Covid Insurance are out of our hands, and are non refundable.
At Surya Lanka we want to make your trip as safe and enjoyable as possible. Please contact us if you have any questions – we would be happy to assist you with any queries you may have.
We look forward to welcoming you at Surya Lanka.
Surya Lanka team